Working With Airlines
Once upon a time, in brick-and-mortar Travel agencies across the land, travel agents could make a living booking air travel for their clients. Agents were a source for information and ticketing, and they were rewarded with commissions from the airlines. The shift away from travel agents began with airline commission caps in 1995 and continued with reduced commissions in 1999. The travel agency industry was delivered an even heavier blow in 2002, when airlines cut commissions altogether.
In the decade that followed, the relationship between travel agents and airlines was prickly to say the least. Airlines still needed travel agents as an arm of its distribution system, and agents needed to interact with airlines if they were going to book travel for their clients. Presently, with the country knee-deep in a challenging economic environment, it could be time for agents and airlines to partner once again, even if it’s on a customized, case-by-case basis.
Travvy Awards Winners Spotlight: Tammy Levent, Elite Travel
From a very early age, Tammy Levent, founder of Elite Travel, knew that she was destined for entrepreneurship. At just 16, she made her way to New York, landing a job as a secretary at a wholesale appliance store. “I called the owner of the shipping company we used to ship our appliances and laid out reasons for why we should combine our two businesses into one full-service company,” she said.
Friends Plan Benefit
Friends Plan Benefit
Friends plan benefit to aid robbery victim
The Suncoast News
December 5, 1992
PALM HARBOR–The owner of a jewelry store who was beaten during a robbery of his shop said he “cried like a baby” Tuesday when he found out what friends were doing for him.
They are organizing a benefit for him called, “Flea for a Friend.”
Anything But Happy Anniversary
St. Petersburg Times
PALM HARBOR–Some anniversary.
Five years to the day after he opened his jewelry store at Alt. U.S. 19 and Alderman Road, Sherif Levent stood amid empty display cases Saturday and tried to tear a sandwich into pieces small enough to eat.
He was having trouble chewing because he couldn’t bite down. Two men robbed Park Avenue Jewelers on Friday, and they beat Levent so severely that they tore his ear, blackened his eye and knocked his jaw out of alignment.
Fatal Car Accident
Great-grandmother dies when car hits house
St. Petersburg Times
April 12, 1995
TARPON SPRINGS- A 78 year-old woman with her two great-grandchildren in the car died Tuesday when she lost control of the vehicle and it ran into the front steps of a newly rebuilt home.
Evelyn K. Kalimtgis of 1675 Seabreeze Drive likely suffered a heart attack or other medical problem before her 1993 white Ford Escort crashed, said Sgt. Ron Surmin of the Tarpon Springs Police Department.
Travel Guru Tammy Levent Has Released an eBook on Business
Palm Harbor, Fla. – Travel guru and CEO of Elite Travel Tammy Levent has released an eBook of business tips entitled Starting a Business with No Money.
Starting a Business with No Money began as several blog posts, essays and articles and is now available all in one place for less than the price of a good cup of coffee.
Tammy’s book answers questions like what it takes to run a successful business, how to start a business with little to no capital, how to make more sales and how to take your business to the next level.
An entrepreneur since the age of 17, Tammy is the perfect expert to teach aspiring and struggling entrepreneurs the ways of success. She herself turned a deficit of $180,000 into a multi-million dollar travel business when she started Elite Travel nearly two decades ago and she can teach others how to do the same.
Starting a Business with No Money is just $2.99 via Amazon. You don’t need a Kindle to buy or read the book as Amazon offers several free Kindle reading apps.
About Tammy Levent
Tammy Levent’s experience in business began in New York at the age of 16 working for a wholesale appliance company and which led to her becoming a business owner at the age of 17. After years of working in New York she moved back to Florida where she faced many struggles and tragedies before starting her life long passion of working in travel. In 1996 she opened Elite Travel and quickly became an expert on strategic partnerships and built the company into a multi-million dollar empire. Fast forward to today and Tammy has developed the Travel Agent’s Success Kit ™ to help struggling travel agencies successfully adapt to this new age of travel.
About Elite Travel
Elite Travel is a travel management company there for its customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With representation nationwide, Elite has created the first and finest network of professionals dedicated to making your dreams come true, evidenced by each specialist being required to actually travel and experience firsthand the properties that they present, allowing them to share details and knowledge that cannot be acquired elsewhere and may prove to be essential to planning your customized trip. This team of highly trained specialists, combined with the special promotions and pricing exclusively offered by Elite, allows customers the opportunity to experience the very best in service and personal attention in creating a travel experience of a lifetime.
To learn more about Tammy Levent and to schedule her for an interview, contact:
Tammy Levent, CEO Elite Travel
O-866-726-9090 O-727-726-9090 C-727-560-2700 cell 24/7
Tammy Levent’s Achievements:
- 2014 Winner Travel Weekly Magellan Awards Honoring the Best in Travel
- 2013 Professional Educator at The Travel Institute
- 2013 Contributing Writer to Travel Research Online
- 2013 Debuting The Travel Agent’s Success Kit™, partnering with Kevin Harrington and GoGo Worldwide Vacations Travel Partner Solutions
- Featured on: ABC News, Fox News, CNN, CBS News, HLN, NBC News, Travel Weekly, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Central, Go Caribbean Magazine, National Business Journals and many more.
- 2013 Featured in the ebook The Little Giant: Small Business is the New Big
- 2012 Author of the #1 National Best Selling book Women Who Mean Business
- 2012 Named Ambassador/Strategic Partner for Business Women Connect
- 2012 Winner of the Editors choice awards for Women Who Mean Business
- 2011 Featured in The Crave Book
- 2010 to present Advisory board for the Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Innovation Alliance at the University of South Florida
- 2011 Inducted and honoree in the World’s Who’s Who
- 2010 Made it to a Million Award – National E Women Network
- 2011 Speaker & Sponsor, 1st Tampa Bay’s Women’s Conference
- 2011 Women Extraordinaire Award
- NSA – National Speakers Association member
- Member: CLIA, IATAN, Tahiti Tiare Certified agency, Certified Destination Wedding Specialists
- Gourmet Inclusive Vacation Consultant for El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels as well as Azul Hotels by Karisma Elite Award Winner “Top 10 Selling Agency for El Dorado Royal”
- Official Travel Sponsor, Tampa PWG show sponsors, Elite Events in Atlanta
- Contributing Writer & Guest Expert: The Perfect Wedding Guide, Bride’s Magazine, Modern Bride, Florida Bride, For the Bride, The Robb Report, Conde Nast Traveler, Weddzilla.com, Tampa Style, Panache Vue, Pulse, Lady Angler, Travel Agent, PeterGreenberg.com, Orlando Style, Travel Weekly Spotlights, Tampa Bay Parenting, Applause, Choice Lifestyle, Destination Tampa Bay
- Platinum Preferred Agency Couples Resorts 16 years in a row
- Master Agent with AM Resorts
- Travel Impressions/American Express Vacations Global Award worldwide Best of the Best Agency 16 years straight
- Best of the Best Sandals Agency
- 2005, 2006, 2007 Fast 50 top growing companies in Tampa Bay (Only business to win 3 years in a row)
- 2011 National Diversity Council -Finalist Glass Ceiling Award
- 2002, 2008 & 2012 Business Woman of the Year awards
- 2008 Finalist TBBJ Ultimate CEO of the Year
- NBC Travel Show -Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Seminar presented by Tammy Levent
- Featured on NBC’s Hollywood’s Extra!
- 2001 to present Top 25 Women Owned Business, in the Tampa Bay Business Journal Book of Lists