Friends Plan Benefit
Friends Plan Benefit
Friends plan benefit to aid robbery victim
The Suncoast News
December 5, 1992
PALM HARBOR–The owner of a jewelry store who was beaten during a robbery of his shop said he “cried like a baby” Tuesday when he found out what friends were doing for him.
They are organizing a benefit for him called, “Flea for a Friend.”
Anything But Happy Anniversary
St. Petersburg Times
PALM HARBOR–Some anniversary.
Five years to the day after he opened his jewelry store at Alt. U.S. 19 and Alderman Road, Sherif Levent stood amid empty display cases Saturday and tried to tear a sandwich into pieces small enough to eat.
He was having trouble chewing because he couldn’t bite down. Two men robbed Park Avenue Jewelers on Friday, and they beat Levent so severely that they tore his ear, blackened his eye and knocked his jaw out of alignment.
Fatal Car Accident
Great-grandmother dies when car hits house
St. Petersburg Times
April 12, 1995
TARPON SPRINGS- A 78 year-old woman with her two great-grandchildren in the car died Tuesday when she lost control of the vehicle and it ran into the front steps of a newly rebuilt home.
Evelyn K. Kalimtgis of 1675 Seabreeze Drive likely suffered a heart attack or other medical problem before her 1993 white Ford Escort crashed, said Sgt. Ron Surmin of the Tarpon Springs Police Department.
Travel Guru Tammy Levent Has Released an eBook on Business
Palm Harbor, Fla. – Travel guru and CEO of Elite Travel Tammy Levent has released an eBook of business tips entitled Starting a Business with No Money.
Starting a Business with No Money began as several blog posts, essays and articles and is now available all in one place for less than the price of a good cup of coffee.
Tammy’s book answers questions like what it takes to run a successful business, how to start a business with little to no capital, how to make more sales and how to take your business to the next level.
An entrepreneur since the age of 17, Tammy is the perfect expert to teach aspiring and struggling entrepreneurs the ways of success. She herself turned a deficit of $180,000 into a multi-million dollar travel business when she started Elite Travel nearly two decades ago and she can teach others how to do the same.
Starting a Business with No Money is just $2.99 via Amazon. You don’t need a Kindle to buy or read the book as Amazon offers several free Kindle reading apps.
About Tammy Levent
Tammy Levent’s experience in business began in New York at the age of 16 working for a wholesale appliance company and which led to her becoming a business owner at the age of 17. After years of working in New York she moved back to Florida where she faced many struggles and tragedies before starting her life long passion of working in travel. In 1996 she opened Elite Travel and quickly became an expert on strategic partnerships and built the company into a multi-million dollar empire. Fast forward to today and Tammy has developed the Travel Agent’s Success Kit ™ to help struggling travel agencies successfully adapt to this new age of travel, she hosts WHIPshops™ to assist business owners in launching their dream businesses and she acts as a private consultant and one-on-one coach for business owners.
About Elite Travel
Elite Travel is a travel management company there for its customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With representation nationwide, Elite has created the first and finest network of professionals dedicated to making your dreams come true, evidenced by each specialist being required to actually travel and experience firsthand the properties that they present, allowing them to share details and knowledge that cannot be acquired elsewhere and may prove to be essential to planning your customized trip. This team of highly trained specialists, combined with the special promotions and pricing exclusively offered by Elite, allows customers the opportunity to experience the very best in service and personal attention in creating a travel experience of a lifetime.
To learn more about Tammy Levent and to schedule her for an interview, contact:
Tammy Levent, CEO Elite Travel
O-866-726-9090 O-727-726-9090 C-727-560-2700 cell 24/7
Tammy Levent’s Achievements:
- 2014 Winner Travel Weekly Magellan Awards Honoring the Best in Travel
- 2013 Professional Educator at The Travel Institute
- 2013 Contributing Writer to Travel Research Online
- 2013 Debuting The Travel Agent’s Success Kit™, partnering with Kevin Harrington and GoGo Worldwide Vacations Travel Partner Solutions
- Featured on: ABC News, Fox News, CNN, CBS News, HLN, NBC News, Travel Weekly, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Central, Go Caribbean Magazine, National Business Journals and many more.
- 2013 Featured in the ebook The Little Giant: Small Business is the New Big
- 2012 Author of the #1 National Best Selling book Women Who Mean Business
- 2012 Named Ambassador/Strategic Partner for Business Women Connect
- 2012 Winner of the Editors choice awards for Women Who Mean Business
- 2011 Launch of WHIPshops™ and Seminars
- 2011 Featured in The Crave Book
- 2010 to present Advisory board for the Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Innovation Alliance at the University of South Florida
- 2011 Inducted and honoree in the World’s Who’s Who
- 2010 Made it to a Million Award – National E Women Network
- 2011 Speaker & Sponsor, 1st Tampa Bay’s Women’s Conference
- 2011 Women Extraordinaire Award
- NSA – National Speakers Association member
- Member: CLIA, IATAN, Tahiti Tiare Certified agency, Certified Destination Wedding Specialists
- Gourmet Inclusive Vacation Consultant for El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels as well as Azul Hotels by Karisma Elite Award Winner “Top 10 Selling Agency for El Dorado Royal”
- Official Travel Sponsor, Tampa PWG show sponsors, Elite Events in Atlanta
- Contributing Writer & Guest Expert: The Perfect Wedding Guide, Bride’s Magazine, Modern Bride, Florida Bride, For the Bride, The Robb Report, Conde Nast Traveler, Weddzilla.com, Tampa Style, Panache Vue, Pulse, Lady Angler, Travel Agent, PeterGreenberg.com, Orlando Style, Travel Weekly Spotlights, Tampa Bay Parenting, Applause, Choice Lifestyle, Destination Tampa Bay
- Platinum Preferred Agency Couples Resorts 16 years in a row
- Master Agent with AM Resorts
- Travel Impressions/American Express Vacations Global Award worldwide Best of the Best Agency 16 years straight
- Best of the Best Sandals Agency
- 2005, 2006, 2007 Fast 50 top growing companies in Tampa Bay (Only business to win 3 years in a row)
- 2011 National Diversity Council -Finalist Glass Ceiling Award
- 2002, 2008 & 2012 Business Woman of the Year awards
- 2008 Finalist TBBJ Ultimate CEO of the Year
- NBC Travel Show -Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Seminar presented by Tammy Levent
- Featured on NBC’s Hollywood’s Extra!
- 2001 to present Top 25 Women Owned Business, in the Tampa Bay Business Journal Book of Lists
2014 TRAVEL WEEKLY MAGELLAN AWARDS WINNERS ANNOUNCED
For Immediate Release Contact: Kathryn Noval, firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 TRAVEL WEEKLY MAGELLAN AWARDS WINNERS ANNOUNCED GOLD AND SILVER WINNERS NAMED
Secaucus, NJ (September 15, 2014) – Travel Weekly announced the winners of the 2014 Magellan Awards. With entries from across the U.S. and around the world, the Magellan Award winners represent the best in the travel industry and salute the outstanding travel professionals behind it all.
The Magellan Awards is the premier awards program honoring a broad range of industry segments including Hotels and Resorts, Travel Destinations, Cruise Lines, Online Travel Services, Airlines and Airports, Travel Agents and Agencies, Tour Operators and Car Rental Companies.,
“People who enter the Magellans know they’re competing against a very talented and very creative group of individuals and agencies,” said Arnie Weissmann, editor in chief of Travel Weekly. “The travel industry marketers and designers who walked away with Magellan awards this year pushed themselves to new heights. When you look at the winning entries, you understand why consumers have been inspired to travel in numbers never seen before.”
The Magellan Awards are judged and overseen by a one-of-a-kind panel of top travel professionals representing the best names and most accomplished leaders from the industry. In determining winners, entries do not compete with one another, instead they are judged against a standard of excellence based on the long experience of Travel Weekly. To uphold this high standard of excellence, a category may have multiple winners, or no winners at all.
For a complete list of silver and gold winners, please visit www.travelweeklyawards.com.
About Travel Weekly
Travel Weekly is the most influential provider of news, research, opinion and analysis to the North American travel trade marketplace. In addition to a weekly print publication, TravelWeekly.com — updated several times daily — is the most-visited industry website. Travel Weekly is a division of Secaucus, New Jersey-based Northstar Travel Media, the largest business-to-business travel publisher in the world.
About Northstar Travel Media
Northstar Travel Media is the leading provider of news, information and data for the travel, meetings and hospitality industries and parent of brands including Travel Weekly, Travel Weekly China, Travel Weekly Asia, Events China, Business Travel News, Travel Procurement, PhoCusWright, Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings, Meeting News, Incentive, TravelAge West, Family Getaways,Explorer, Your Travel Insider and Luxury Cruise News, Web in Travel and Inntopia.
Northstar’s electronic directories — Travel Weekly’s Hotel and Travel Index, Official Cruise Guide, and M&C Facilities Search and Successful Meetings Facilities Search— provide in-depth data on hotels, meeting and convention properties, and business travel in the United States and internationally.
In addition to its directories and periodicals, Northstar publishes a number of online subscription information resources, including The Beat, travel42, STAR Service Online, Intelliguide Corporate and BTP24.
Northstar produces more than 40 face-to-face events including The PhoCusWright Conference, PhoCusWright Europe, CruiseWorld, Global Travel Marketplace, Global Travel Marketplace West, M&C InterAct, M&C Events, M&C Asia, Successful Meetings Universities, The Beat Live, Tech Talk, Business Travel Trends and Forecast Forums and the Travel Weekly Leadership Forums, the Travel Weekly Leadership Forums, the Web in Travel conferences, WITX: Women In Travel, WIT Hospitality Roadshow and WITNext, and Mountain Travel Symposium.
Northstar also is an industry leader in marketing services, custom communications, content licensing and database management serving the travel and meetings industries. Based in Secaucus, NJ, the company also has offices in New York, NY; Glen Ellyn, IL; Los Angeles, CA; and Winston-Salem, NC.
Northstar Travel Media, LLC is a portfolio company of Wicks Group of Companies LLC, a leading private equity investor in the information and business services, communications, and media sectors. www.northstartravelmedia.com
INTERNATIONAL FLORIDIAN ENTREPRENEURS TO SPEAK AT COLLEGIATE ENTREPRENERUS ORGANIZATION 2014 NATIONAL CONFERNECE
TAMPA – The Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO) has teamed up with The University of Tampa to host the 17th annual CEO National Conference Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 2014, at Orlando’s Hyatt Grand Cypress. For three days, over 1,500 students will innovate, create and develop business ventures slated to revolutionize the entrepreneurial community.
The 2014 National Conference will feature two world-renowned speakers that are sure to provide a dynamic experience for all in attendance. Among approximately ninety-five speakers, two will shine above the rest.