Watch Travel Expert Tammy Levent on Tampabay’s Morning Blend weekly
March 1, 2017
Introduction to Elite Travel / Tammy Levent and Back roads to Greece
Tampa Bay woman turns to medical marijuana to treat cancer
Expo de Turismo International (ETI), Part 2: It Wasn’t Just about Puerto Rico
“The travel industry will double in the next decade, making it the second largest industry in the world, exceeded only by agriculture,” said Bill Todd, author of “Increase Sales Now,” to 400 travel agents at ETI, the Puerto Rico Tourism Company’s annual conference. “You couldn’t have picked a better career path.”
As noted in ETI, Part 1, this was an unusually agent-oriented Caribbean meeting. In addition to site inspections, it offered dozens of seminars for agents featuring A-list speakers. For example:
- Superstar agent Tammy Levent, CEO of Elite Travel, shared valuable advice on how to grow a business via strategic relationships. CD Weddings’ Chezelle Rodriguez taught attendees how to use social media to generate leads.
- Speakers who aren’t travel agents courted them. Norwegian Cruise Line v.p. Frank Medina invited attendees to take NCL FAMs, because “agents are the best sales people we have—and your sales will triple if you familiarize yourself with the product.” Matt Cooper, chief marketing officer for the Caribbean Hotel & Travel Association, announced that caribbeantravel.com is building a new travel agent portal. Bahamas Minister of Tourism Obediah Hercules said, “33 percent of our business now comes from travel agents. “We love you!” And Trevor Sadler, CEO of InterCaribbean Airways, reminded everyone that his airline pays commissions.
- Greg Furman, chairman of The Luxury Travel Council and an expert on out-of-the-box sales, explained how to keep a “hug your customers” book: “Know your clients’ kids birthdays, their charities, their bonus cycles,” he said. He also recommended partnerships with suppliers of other luxury goods and services. “Go to the best restaurant or the Mercedes dealership in your area, and tell them, ‘We have similar clients. Let’s do something together.’”
- Rainer Jenss, president of the Family Travel Association, reported that 32 percent of American grandparents took a trip with grandchildren in 2015, 31 percent of leisure travel is multigenerational, and 12 million single parents are being underserved by the travel industry. Family travel, he said, is a growth industry. However, it’s been documented that families are cautious travelers, so agents must be prepared to discuss affordability, value, food, safety, and health.
- Among the other seminars (on selling wellness, romance, and LGBT travel, and even competing islands), the presentation by Simons Chase, editor of Cuba Journal, was especially timely. Among the takeaways: Although Cuba is changing—and quickly—it remains so hard to transfer money and enforce contracts that agents should still book through people-to-people tour operators.
Registration for ETI 2017 will open this winter. For more information, visit internationaltourismexpo.com. ETI 2016 cost agents $79 through April 8, including tours, sessions, meals, and parties. Participating hotels offered room discounts. For more on how ETI had addressed travel agents, click here, to read part 1 of our coverage.
Travel Guru Tammy Levent Announces Release of Her Autobiography with Pay it Forward Initiative
December 28, 2015
Palm Harbor, Fla. – Travel guru and CEO of Elite Travel Tammy Levent is releasing her autobiography Tammy Levent, Sink or Swim: A Survival Story and along with the book release has created an initiative to pay if forward to charities and those in need.
When Tammy first starting her memoirs she knew her story would be inspirational. Over the last few years as she continued writing her autobiography she came up with a plan to self publish her book and through the sales of the book give back to the community that has given so much to her over the last few decades. Tammy launched a Go Fund Me campaign to raise money for the first printing of the book and every person who helps fund the first run will not only receive a copy of the book for themselves, but will also be giving a book to someone else. For example, if someone purchases 25 copies, then 25 copies will also go to a charity, a school or a hospital so that others can be inspired by Tammy’s story as well.
“I feel I was put on this planet for a purpose,” Levent said. “My mission in life is to teach others that no matter what cards you are dealt, it is ultimately up to you how you choose to play the game. By creating a way that people can buy my book for themselves and for others my goal is to inspire as many people as possible to chase their dreams regardless of the obstacles that might be in their way.”
Tammy’s Go Fund Me campaign can be accessed via this link: https://www.gofundme.com/664phg7s and it is her wish that plenty of copies of her book can go out to individuals that need a message of hope. As a toddler Tammy’s biological father would often place her into a life raft that he attached to his boat via a rope where she would splash in the water as he entertained his guests. From that moment she always had to sink or swim and it is Tammy’s hope that others will learn to do what she has always done- bob to the surface smiling!
About Tammy Levent
Tammy Levent’s experience in business began in New York at the age of 16 working for a wholesale appliance company and which led to her becoming a business owner at the age of 17. After years of working in New York she moved back to Florida where she faced many struggles and tragedies before starting her life long passion of working in travel. In 1996 she opened Elite Travel and quickly became an expert on strategic partnerships and built the company into a multi-million dollar empire. Fast forward to today and Tammy has developed the Travel Agent’s Success Kit ™ to help struggling travel agencies successfully adapt to this new age of travel.
About Elite Travel
Elite Travel is a travel management company there for its customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With representation nationwide, Elite has created the first and finest network of professionals dedicated to making your dreams come true, evidenced by each specialist being required to actually travel and experience firsthand the properties that they present, allowing them to share details and knowledge that cannot be acquired elsewhere and may prove to be essential to planning your customized trip. This team of highly trained specialists, combined with the special promotions and pricing exclusively offered by Elite, allows customers the opportunity to experience the very best in service and personal attention in creating a travel experience of a lifetime.
Contact To learn more about Tammy Levent and to schedule her for an interview, contact:
Tammy Levent, CEO Elite Travel
O-727-726-9090 C-727-560-2700 cell 24/7 Tammy@elitetravelgroup.net
Tammy Levent’s Achievements:
- 2015 Gold Magellan Award for Travel Agent Innovation
- 2015 Silver Magellan Award for Travel Agent Training Program for the Travel Agent Success Kit (TASK)
- 2015 Travvy Award for the Most Innovative Travel Agent
- 2014 Saint Lucia’s Top Producing Travel Agents for the 2014 Piton Awards Program
- 2014 Winner Travel Weekly Magellan Awards Honoring the Best in Travel
- 2014 Mentor BizWomen Mentoring Monday
- 2013 to Present Member of The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program
- 2013 Debuting The Travel Agent’s Survival Kit™, partnering with Kevin Harrington and GoGo
- 2013 Featured in the ebook The Little Giant: Small Business is the New Big
- 2012 Author of the #1 National Best Selling book Women Who Mean Business
- 2012 Named Ambassador/Strategic Partner for Business Women Connect
- 2012 Winner of the Editors choice awards for Women Who Mean Business
- 2011 Featured in The Crave Book
- Advisory board for the Sustainable Entrepreneurship & Innovation Alliance at the University of South Florida
- 2011 Inducted and honoree in the World’s Who’s Who
- 2010 Made it to a Million Award – National E Women Network
- 2011 Speaker & Sponsor, 1st Tampa Bay’s Women’s Conference
- 2011 Women Extraordinaire Award
- NSA – National Speakers Association member
- Member: CLIA, IATAN, Tahiti Tiare Certified agency, Certified Destination Wedding Specialists
- Gourmet Inclusive Vacation Consultant for El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels as well as Azul Hotels by Karisma Elite Award Winner “Top 10 Selling Agency for El Dorado Royal”
- Official Travel Sponsor, Tampa PWG show sponsors, Elite Events in Atlanta
- Contributing Writer & Guest Expert: The Perfect Wedding Guide, Bride’s Magazine, Modern Bride, Florida Bride, For the Bride, The Robb Report, Conde Nast Traveler, Weddzilla.com, Tampa Style, Panache Vue, Pulse, Lady Angler, Travel Agent, PeterGreenberg.com, Orlando Style, Travel Weekly Spotlights, Tampa Bay Parenting, Applause, Choice Lifestyle
- Platinum Preferred Agency Couples Resorts 14 years in a row
- Master Agent with AM Resorts
- Travel Impressions/American Express Vacations Global Award worldwide Best of the Best Agency 16 years straight
- Best of the Best Sandals Agency
- 2005, 2006, 2007 Fast 50 top growing companies in Tampa Bay (Only business to win 3 years in a row)
- 2011 National Diversity Council -Finalist Glass Ceiling Award
- 2002, 2008 & 2012 Business Woman of the Year awards
- 2008 Finalist TBBJ Ultimate CEO of the Year
- NBC Travel Show -Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Seminar presented by Tammy Levent
- Featured on NBC’s Hollywood’s Extra!
- 2001 to present Top 25 Women Owned Business, in the Tampa Bay Business Journal Book of Lists